As the year draws to a close, I wanted to reflect on the successes of the past year. And this year has been full of excitement and lots of growth! In 2019, I launched Kallen Media LLC as a digital marketing agency focused on growing small businesses. So looking back, I wanted to create a recap article to highlight some of our first year.
The Start of Kallen Media
At the start of 2019, I was in the position of director of marketing at a small web and app development company. Here I was able to hone in on what I enjoyed about digital marketing. And this year started by teaching customers how to use and building out a variety of WordPress websites. The possibilities were endless for what we could create. So once the sites were up and running, it was time to start the process of optimization.
Finally, it was at this point that I realized it was time for me to start creating my own company, Kallen Media LLC. I incorporated the company in May of 2019. The company was going to build itself on providing meaningful digital marketing services to small businesses. There were so many businesses that had great products and services. However, in most cases, these businesses’ online presence left much to be desired. This trend left me wondering what services would make the most significant differences to my potential clients.
Digital Marketing Services
Social media management was what I thought digital marketing was all about initially. However, this is the classic content creation and reputation management, so many businesses lacked. Creating custom plans to promote brand image while interacting with customers made sense. Utilizing programs like Hootsuite makes social media management more straightforward and more accessible for small businesses to manage. Because Kallen Media is looking to provide value, we offer our social media marketing services, starting at $200 to make it affordable for companies of all sizes.
WordPress web design was the next service that I was very eager to incorporate with Kallen Media. Websites are becoming the most crucial marketing tool for businesses in an ever-growing online world. If a competitor has a better website, search engines are more likely to rank it higher, and more customers expected to go there. Creating custom designed websites can cost hundreds and thousands of dollars. Utilizing a CMS like WordPress lowers development costs without suffering on appearance. WordPress websites can also more efficient. So these websites allow for quick and inexpensive changes.
Finally, I decided that focusing on paid digital marketing campaigns would be most beneficial to small businesses. After doing extensive research and working with a variety of companies, I have found that Google Ad management is the most effective online marketing resource. Other channels like Facebook, Instagram, and other social networks have also been successful for niche businesses. Many businesses were not utilizing their ads effectively or had poorly structured campaigns. This trend can lead to poorly qualified leads as opposed to highly targeted groups. Once our services list looked great, it was time for us to start opening our doors to working with clients!
Companies We Have Worked With
Starting almost halfway through the year, I am proud of all the clients we were able to provide service to during our first year! Here is a list of the work we have completed in our first-year for-profit companies:
WordPress Web Design
- Casual Crypto was one of our introductory clients! I was able to teach the CEO, Roman Hughes, how to navigate the WordPress dashboard and create an interactive cryptocurrency blog. This website is one of the first clients we have trained and build a website that is perfect for people interested in CryptoCurrency Blogs.
- FarSuperior is a network of businesses designed to promote quality and expertise. I had the pleasure of designing several of the base websites and creating content. The content is ever-growing, and we are looking forward to Farsuperior’s official launch and growth in 2020.
Content Creation and Social Media Management
- Spark Organics is the first national e-commerce website that we were able to work on as a health brand. We were able to create a social media campaign for the summer season while publishing monthly blog posts. Be sure to check out Spark Organics website for the best organic fruit chews on the market!
- Aria Technology Solutions is a client that we have been privileged to work with from the International Technology Rental Association. Currently, we assist in social media management and content creation. Aria has recently expanded to has a Las Vegas office, allowing them to provide quality technology rentals across the United States.
- The International Technology Rental Association has been our largest project. Kallen Media manages ITRA’s content and run the social media accounts. So I have been involved with the association for years. The association’s yearly meeting is in the next two months. This event is an excellent opportunity for technology rental companies to network and grow business.
Complete Digital Marketing Campaign
- GlassBiller is an auto glass billing software. I am in charge of the marketing efforts and create all digital campaigns for GlassBiller. The growth that GlassBiller has seen since the start of our efforts is immense, making me very excited for their future. For any auto glass shop, I would highly recommend checking out the VIN decoder and free trial.
Nonprofit Digital Marketing Work
Finally, it is time to showcase over $50,000 in donated services to nonprofits in 2019. I have been privileged to be able to provide my services to a variety of different organizations around the globe:
Google Ad Grant Setup and Support
- Operation Blankets of Love is currently our longest-running nonprofit client. I have had the pleasure of meeting with the team who provides support for homeless animals. This organization was the first Google Ad Grant account that I had worked on throughout the year. It taught me a lot about the rules and regulations and led me to take a deeper dive into how to help nonprofits benefit from the Google Ad Grant program. Currently, we have supported OBOL to spend thousands more than before.
- Therapeutic Ranch for Animals and Kids is a project that we were able to provide exceptional support. I created Google Ad Grant campaigns to utilize a significantly higher percentage of the Ad Grants while increasing overall website traffic. If you are interested in providing support for animals and kids, they are a fantastic organization to work with for your whole family.
- Tucson Girls Chorus is another local Arizona charity that provides girls chorus programs for all ages. Initially, the focus for regional growth has been great through the introduction of new campaigns in their Google Ad Grant program. Finally, the campaign was exposing women of all ages to choral programs is one of the many excellent services that the Tucson Girls Chorus provides.
- REACH provides comprehensive, personalized support for people with disabilities. I was able to walk them through the Google Ad Grant application process from start to finish. We have just activated the grant and are eagerly looking forward to increased traffic in 2020.
Google Ad Grant Activation & Setup
- Mystic River Watershed Association works with communities to make sure their ecosystem survives and thrives going forward. Through excellent communication, I was able to setup Mystic’s Ad Grant account within a week! This speed allowed us to create programs that would be active before and into the new year.
- Gray Matter Experience provides inner-city teens with an opportunity to grow their entrepreneurial skills. I guided their team to activate their Google Ad Grant account. Next, I worked on increasing traffic in time for the new year. Focus on spring and summer programs will be the core focus going forward to seasonal campaigns.
Social Media Setup
- Tuskegee Airman Scholarship Foundation was the first nonprofit organization that I worked with, providing digital marketing services. I set up their social media profiles. Additionally, I provided insight on how to run successful campaigns. Find out about this year’s current scholars through their excellent website.
Exceeding Expectations In 2020
I would highly encourage my readers to check out all of the fantastic companies we have had the pleasure of working with throughout the year. There are several more organizations that we have ongoing projects that we are eager to complete during 2020.
Looking forward to the new year, I am excited about the direction that Kallen Media is going! My hopes are continued growth and the addition of clients who I can bring meaningful changes to, at an affordable price. But going forward, we are hoping to expand our website, team, and client base. Be on the lookout for custom business plans. You can see what all of our clients have said about us in our testimonials section, Facebook page, or Google My Business page!
Check out our feature as a top 50 Marketing Blog to watch in 2020!
Get in touch with email@example.com to get a custom quote on your digital marketing package for 2020. We have a full list of digital marketing services we provide on our website. Finally, take a look so you can decide what type of plan will help your business grow in 2020.